In the spirit of the health overhaul I’ve been trying to accomplish with my life (even the hubby joined in), here’s one of my favorite quinoa recipes I’ve added to our family meals.
I’ve got to say I haven’t been as strict as I’d like to be but I’m 4 lbs lighter and fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes!!!
Can’t complain about that.
Although this is a vegetarian recipe feel free to add some animal product to it. Chicken or beef would go lovely with this as well.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Quinoa Recipe
QUINOA WITH CORN, BEANS AND SPINACH
1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
2 garlic Cloves (minced)
Half an onion (chopped)
1 cup of Quinoa
1-1/2 cups of water
1 can of sweet corn, drained
1 can of drained & rinsed beans (I’d prefer black beans but I only had pinto beans on hand)
1 cup of spinach (rough chop) – Can substitute for Arugula too!
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- Wash and drain quinoa (set aside)
- In a hot pan add olive oil, add onions and let simmer for a bit, then add garlic (make sure to add garlic after, garlic tastes bitter if burned)
- Add quinoa and gently stir it around
- Add water
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes, remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, toss and serve.
Place it in a fabulous serving bowl and enjoy it with your family.
There you have it. It’s super simple to make and it’s absolutely scrumptious. Let me know if you try it!
Thanks again for stopping in. Stay tuned for Monday’s post, our giveaway will begin!
Hey!!! You can help Young Love Mommy reach more people
by clicking on the banner below to vote for my blog!!
Thank you, YOU ROCK!